BYO Booth was recently featured in an article on Geek Sugar, signing the praises of InstaPrinters at weddings. It shows some nice photos of very creative devices that some BYO customers have come up with.
The Photo Booth Solutions Blog
A big update to Photo Booth Connected has just been released. The most exciting new feature is Pinterest support. Users can now pin their photos to their own Pinterest boards adding yet another great way to share photos at your events on top of the already supported Photo Booth Connected uploaders: Email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, FTP & SumgMug.
Another popular requested feature has been added as well, and that is more Data Collection. PBC now stores all Survey answers, Email address, SMS phone #s, Twitter usernames, Facebook usernames and any publicly available Facebook data like Name, Gender, Age Range, City, State. This data is all stored in one location and available in the Reporting tab along with the usage counters for each service, exportable as .csv or .txt. Great info to have for your corporate clients who want to measure the social outreach of their event.
A 2nd watch folder has also been added. This is a very useful feature if you want to be able to monitor multiple photo sources at once. For example, you could watch your Prints folder from your photo booth as well as BYO Booth‘s composites folder to have both your booth photos and guest’s Instagram photos all in one place. Use it to combine Eye-Fi photos with your photo booth, or watch both the composited strips folder and the individual shots folder of your booth to let the users upload either their strips or their single shots.
External Filters were also added so you can make your own versions of my take on the vintage Instagram Filters in the bottom row. Simply replace the pngs in the Assets/filters folder with your own semi transparent pngs.
A few other convenience features were added, like the ability to auto show the survey on photo selection, the ability to assign a survey field to auto fill the email address and auto start mode to bypass the settings screen for unattended startup.
Below is the full change log:
- Added Pinterest support
- More Data Collection added. All Emails, FB Logins, Twitter Logins, Phone #s, Survey Answers plus FB Gender, FB age range, FB Location, FB Name are stored in Data Folder for each event and are accessible from the “Reports” tab
- Added 2nd watch folder for adding photos from multiple sources
- Added exit lock for keyboard mode to prevent users from hitting “esc”
- Added “Auto Show Survey” to have Survey appear without having to click on an upload button
- Added Auto Start mode to bypass Settings on program start up
- Added ability to hide cursor
- Added “Email” check box next to survey questions to indicate if field is an email address so it will auto populate the 1st email field in Email upload.
- Made bottom 3 filters external for customization in c:\program files (x86)\photo booth solutions\photo booth connected\assets\filters
- Now preventing user from hitting Return key when entering email adding extra line
- Expanded Email Message field in Settings
- Fixed Exif rotation in stips
The latest update of BYO Booth now has the ability to “Like” incoming photos from Instagram. What this means is that your client’s Instagram account will get more attention as they will show up in the “Likes” for the guests photos when they upload them to Instagram. Simply log in with your own, or you client’s Instagram account to enable this feature. Logging in will also give you the added benefit of being able to check Instagram 2x as fast as before.
Social Booth now supports Canon Powershot cameras! Social Booth is now the only photo booth software to support DSLR, Powershot and Webcam with Social Media, Filters and Animated Gifs in a single program. Another popular request, support for portrait monitors was also added. Full change log is below.
1.1.8 - Removed Back button from social screen in video mode - Fixed video background bugs - Fixed Photo Template Background not changing prior to save - Preventing user from hitting Return key when entering email adding extra line 1.1.7 - Added Powershot support ***Must run program in XP compatibility mode*** - Added Portrait monitor support - Fixed missing GIF overlay in saved file when using mirror mode - Fixed video location when running in 90 deg rotation with non default live view - Fixed errors if printer tweaks left blank. - Added Back Button - Fixed autoprint not working when all upload features are disabled
Social Booth is the latest software from Photo Booth Solutions featuring DSLR & Webcam support, Filters, Social Media, Email, Facebook, Twitter & SMS, Surveys, Data Collection right at the booth.